JB-RED is a high quality roofing batten and the first fully pre-graded batten available to the roofing industry.
This batten meets the performance requirements of BS5534:2014, and was developed in conjuction with the BRE (Building Research Establishment).
JB-RED completely meets the NHBC requirements for fully graded roofing battens. Its distinctive red colour means that it is highly visible on site, therefore Local Authority Building Control, NHBC and other inspectors can see that high quality, pre-graded roofing battens have been used.
JB-RED is manufactured in the UK using a modern high speed camera and laser scanning machine to ensure maximum reliability.
- Manufactured to BS5534
- UKAS third party assessed by the BBA (British Board of Agrement)
- BBA Accredited
- Benchmark Treatment Standard
- 60 year limited lifetime guarantee
- PEFC or FSC
- Treated to BS 8417:2011 Usage Class 2 using MicroPro®
- Machined to give a consistent 25mm thick batten
- Saves time and labour – arrives on site pre-graded with all supporting documentation
- Reduce waste – no timber defects to cut out
- Meets all UK tile company specifications
- Full product liability insurance
- Highly visible on site & reduced theft – easy to identify
BS 5534 batten must be used :
- All roofing applications
- On NHBC sites
- As part of the Competent Roofer
- To meet Building Regulations
- Where batten is being used a a foothold